Cooling, James E.
James E. Cooling is the managing partner of the firm. He is an aircraft owner and pilot holding commercial, instrument, multi-engine and flight instructor ratings with a Cessna Citation jet type rating.
Mr. Cooling is admitted to practice in the U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. District Court for the Western and Eastern Districts of Missouri and U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas.
He served for nine years as a member of the Board of Directors of the National Business Aviation Association headquartered in Washington, D.C. He is also a former member of the National Business Aviation Association Tax Committee; a past Chairman of the Aviation, Transportation and Space Law Committee of the Missouri Bar and past President of the Aviation Insurance Association. He has authored articles for the SMU Air Law Journal, the NBAA Business Aviation Management Journal, Sport Aviation, and wrote an aviation legal column for Flight Training magazine for ten years. He has been a featured speaker at programs for the FAA, NBAA, EAA, Aviation Insurance Association and the SMU Aviation Law Symposium. In 2011, he was elected to the Board of Trustees of the National Aviation Hall of Fame.
Missouri Bar – State and Federal Courts
Kansas – Federal Courts
Peer Review Ratings:
AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell
Listed in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers
• Missouri Bar Association
• Lawyer Pilots Bar Association
• National Business Aviation Association
• Aviation and Space Law Committee of the American Bar Association
• Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association
• EAA Legal Advisory Council
• Aviation Insurance Association
• Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
• Rotary Club
• National Association of Flight Instructors
• National Air Transportation Association
• Aero Club of Washington
• Aviation Crime Prevention Institute
• International Relations Council
• Wichita Aero Club
J.D.- University of Notre Dame Law School
B.A.- University of Missouri